Friday, November 12, 2010

Khona



No. 114


<2010-09-23 Thu>

Location, location, location: in that part of town, there is no better coffee (sorry Bubby Roses fans). I wouldn't go out of my way to have a coffee at Khona, but if I am in that area, there no better place, in my opinion.

Its espresso is thick and full of flavour; the way I like it.

Today, my coffee was, as usual very good.

The restaurant is medium-sized, with a big communal table in the middle, and a fireplace with lounge chairs. It provides free Internet and it is a good place to spend one or two hours working, specially if you sit at the large table, not taking precious space from others. It also has some seating outside, but it is right on Cook, and you get a lot of smog.

I have read that Khona recently changed owners. My experience is based primarily on the previous owner, who really cared about the quality of its espresso. At least in this visit, I felt that the coffee was still good.

Verdict: This are of the city, Khona's espresso has no competition.

For more information, including address, visit:
Khona Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment