It is a cold day, the type that calls for a warm soup. Here are some suggestions:
* Pho Vy, on Fort Street, almost at Blanshard. Try their pho.
* Green Leaf: on Douglas in front of the Old Bay Centre. Very good pho too.
* Kim Vietnamese, on 748 Johnson. Excellent "Seafood bouillabaisse". Go for small, it is large enough.
* I Kyu Noodles, in China Block. Home made noodles. I enjoyed the hot and sour soup during the weekend.
* Wah Lai Restaurant, also in China Block (next to I Kyu). They have great dumpling soups.
* Relish: Pandora and Quadra (in front of the Conservatory). They have a soup special every day.
Does anybody have any other recommendations?