Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sura Revisited

<2010-08-31 Tue>

I decided to visit it again, and try their Bibimbap (something I recommend people to try in a Korean restaurant).

I was disappointed. First, my bibimbap came in a plain dish, not a stone bowl as the real one is supposed to be served. This mean that the egg had to be fried in advanced, rather than cook with the heat of the bowl. The bowl was cold, and my bibimbap got cold very fast.

The rice and the vegetables were very good, but still, this is not what I was expecting.

For that reason, I no longer recommend it for lunch.

Verdict: Inconsistent; some dishes are better than others.

2 comments:

  1. They have two versions of bibimbop at Sura - one that comes in a stone pot, and one that doesn't. I assume you inadvertently ordered the one that doesn't, as the stone pot one is called "dolsot bibimbop". I've had it and I find it to be very delicious in a comfort food sort of way. Actually, all of the foods I've had at Sura have been rather tasty - perhaps you could give it another try at dinner time (I've never been for lunch).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'll keep that in mind the next time I am at sura.

    ReplyDelete