Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pho Vy



No. 53

<2010-07-18 Sun> Pho Vy is a local favorite. It offers simple, inexpensive, and, more importantly good food.

It is a small restaurant, and it gets packed at lunch time, and it is not uncommon to see a small line at the door.

This is one of my frequent lunch destinations. I come here when either: I am in a rush; I crave Pho, or I want a small lunch. Today it was a combination of the latter two. Pho is served very quickly, and I prefer it to walking into a fast food restaurant.

I ordered the pho with steak, tripe, tendon and flank, regular size. The pho comes with a good portion of bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and few slices of jalapeƱo. Slice the herbs, and pour everything in.



The restaurant menu includes many options besides pho but I have never ventured to them. When I come here is because I want pho. After all, if the name is "Pho Vy", then Pho must be their speciality.

Service varies in quality, but when I order pho there is not much that I need. People are used to go to the cashier to pay for their food, or you can ask for the bill and pay from your table.

Verdict: A solid, reliable destination for inexpensive and good pho. I am a regular.

Paid: 9 + tip

For more information, including address, visit:
Pho Vy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment